Heart to Heart

Welcome to this blog!

Here, I will share the teachings of my favorite teacher, Martial Arts Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim. They are tidbits of her great wisdom and my hope is that they will help you as much as they have helped me.

Have a wonderful time reading!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dr. Tae Yun Kim: no excuses!

Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim continues:

Most excuses are fueled by the belief that you can’t do what you know you should. No such thing! Be aware that I can’t usually means I could, but I won’t. I can’t stop spending my money on gambling best usually means I could stop, but I won’t because I want the rush I get when I do it. Or, I can’t work any harder to get this promotion might mean I could work harder, but I won’t because I am lazy.

In both these instances, we can see that the persons saying I can’t have a problem with their self concept, not with their capability. In the gambler’s situation, his or her addiction to the “rush” is most likely taking the place of genuine emotion that’s buried. He or she needs to rediscover the natural energy of real feeling, not the insubstantial “rushes” of gambling. Lazy persons most likely have some fear regarding their ability to achieve. They use laziness to avoid testing themselves and confronting their fear of failure.

So my point is, if you find yourself saying I can’t, examine this statement very closely! It rarely means I am not able, and your Silent Master is prepared to boost you and support you towards realizing any true desire you have. Most of the time, you can! You will just have to persevere with continued effort. Look at this video:



If these turkeys had insisted that they cannot fly - they would have been left behind. But by following their true being, and not giving up - they finally made it over the fence!

Some people never take their goals beyond “information collecting.” They talk about what they want, they think about it, they look into it, they dream about it, they read books about it, they admire it…but they don’t do anything about it! Remember, we live in a universe that’s made of vibrating energy. Energy is in motion! We’re part of that energy and we need to express motion in our creativity. Fulfilling your goals requires an energy process to manifest – motion and activity! And the process is one that will most likely take place over time.

Unfortunately, we are bombarded by the media with images and slogans of instant gratification. “You want this…just call so and so now…” Or, “You want to look like this, be like this…just buy such and such now.” Something I often tell my students is: What you get easily, you can usually lose easily. Even though as a rule we don’t take advertising seriously, we are still impacted by these images to some extent. We are easily disappointed with delay when we pursue our goals, often using it as an excuse to give up.

But, at Jung SuWon, I provide an environment for people where they can start getting used to setting goals, small ones at first, to make sure they reach them, and then encouraging to start reaching for their dreams!

No comments: