Heart to Heart

Welcome to this blog!

Here, I will share the teachings of my favorite teacher, Martial Arts Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim. They are tidbits of her great wisdom and my hope is that they will help you as much as they have helped me.

Have a wonderful time reading!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Jung SuWon Style - part 1




Here is one of my favorite real life stories, which I witnessed - as told by Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim:

My happiest moments are when I know I am helping people lead richer and fuller lives. Let me share with you a very heart warming story that just happened recently. This is about our younger generation – the ones that will be our leaders of tomorrow. It is so important to help them, to lead and guide them through this maze called modern world. Daily they are bombarded by peer pressure in school – their environment. When a new fad comes up, they all need to follow it if they don’t want to be considered outcasts.

One night, just as class was coming to an end, one young student, David, approached me, telling me his grandmother was in the lobby, watching. He said she had flown in from far away to visit with them, because it was his birthday that day.

I was wondering – at age 11, children usually love to go out to dinner, or to the movies, or have a party, or play games, or something of that sort. But he was here in a Martial Arts class? His parents added, well, we asked him where he wanted to have his birthday dinner and what he wanted to do, especially with his grandmother, but he said he wanted to celebrate his birthday with me, at Jung Suwon! And he told his grandmother that Jung SuWon was more important to him than movies or fancy restaurants, and that he wanted her to see what meant so much in his life!

And the rest of the story, well you'll see that on my next blog...

No comments: